Book Club meetings 2019-2020
Venue: Cambridge Spanish Centre Book Club – 60 Hills Road, CB2 1LA
Dates: On selected Thursdays: 6-7:30 pm
Price: £10 per session, booking in advance required
It includes five novels, a plat, a poems book and a book right between the play and the novel. All books are from Hispanic origin. We try to maintain a good mix of Spanish/ Latin American representation of female and male authors.
Click here to see and download the complete leaflet
- Thursday, 3rd of October 2019: La loca de la casa, Rosa Montero
- Thursday, 5th of December 2019: La vida es sueño, Calderón de la Barca
- Thursday, 6th of February 2020: El misterio de la cripta embrujada, Eduardo Mendoza
- Thursday, 2nd of April 2020: Nada, Carmen Laforet
- Thursday, 7th of May 2020: La celestina, Fernando de Rojas
- Thursday, 4th of June 2020: Soldados de salamina, Javier Cercas
- Thursday, 9th of July 2020: Églogas, Garcilaso De la Vega
We require a minimum of four members for any particular session. The group will meet to discuss the scheduled book, its influences, cultural impacts, and whatever comes up.
For further information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Thursday, 3rd of October 2019
“An outstanding work, both in its ideological and civic positions as in its literary skill to create a hybrid text, a blend of personal experiences and legends, of autobiography and fictionalized essay.” —Fernando R.
An engaging literary essay on the power of imagination and creative writing comprised of nineteen chapters in which the author discusses many topics in relation to the essential quality a good writer should have: the ability to imagine and create.A mixture of personal reflections, anecdotes, and literary references by one of Spain’s top women writers.